Schutzgebietsnetzwerk NÖ – Lower Austrian conservation area network
Organisation and coordination of player cooperation for the care of European conservation areas, nature reserves and natural monuments in the network.
Aside from legal definitions, the care of areas of conservation constitutes the key public task to ensure the preservation of areas Lower Austrian areas meriting protection. With central coordination and contacts in the five main regions of Lower Austria, eNu provides the basic structure for the conservation area network in close coordination with the Nature Protection Department of the Lower Austrian State Government.
The conservation areas are supported partly through nature conservation contracts, partly by assistance to municipalities, volunteers (e.g. performance of maintenance work) and other stakeholders in the context of the Lower Austrian conservation area network. The focus is on European conservation areas, nature reserves and natural monuments.
The functions of all conservation areas remain preserved in accordance with the legal requirements or are restored and secured in the long run.
- The care and management plans for the respective conversation area are implemented and tracked successfully.
- The conservation areas are accepted by the population.
- The population is aware of the significance and benefit of conservation areas.
- The sharing of information and cooperation between authorities, population, land users and stakeholders is simplified and improved.
- The funds are used effectively and efficiently.
since 2013 in subprojects
Lower Austrian Energy and Environment Agency GmbH (eNu)
The projects in the conservation area network are supported by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Office of the Lower Austrian Regional Government, the Nature Protection Department, landowners, conversation area administration offices, municipalities, various associations engaged in nature conversation and local experts