Procurement electric vehicles
Support to Lower Austrian municipalities, offices and state-related organisations in procuring electric passenger cars and electric utility vehicles.
In cooperation with the Street Group, Street Use Department (ST 2) of Lower Austria and eNu's Lower Austrian sustainable procurement service (Nachhaltiges Beschaffungsservice), electric vehicles were procured in an EU-wide public tender. All Lower Austrian municipalities, offices and state-related organisations majority-owned by the state of Lower Austria can participate and benefit mainly from the favourable terms and the low administrative expenses.
The municipalities and offices were included in the tender process with workshops to collect relevant criteria and specific needs. A result thereof is a framework agreement for electric passenger and electric utility vehicles with Renault Austria. This agreement allows all purchasing parties to procure state-of-the-art electric vehicles at particularly favourable terms until January 2019. Equipment features and accessory options can be configurated individually, thus meeting various requirements. A cooperation initiative with the regional dealer network for maintenance, service and delivery contributes to the regional creation of value.
- Bundling resources and expertise in a central tender
- Integrating the needs of municipalities & offices
- Ensuring process safety and legal certainty
- Raising awareness for electric mobility
- Creating an offer of support for the procurement of electric vehicles
• 2 framework agreements (electric passenger vehicles, electric utility vehicles) for 1 year
• 50 electric vehicles procured in the first two months
• 3 million euros in potential savings with 200 procured electric vehicles
• Savings of 128,000 litres in crude oil as a result of 200 electric vehicles procured
Framework agreement from 30 January 2018 to 29 January 2019
Lower Austrian Energy and Environment Agency GmbH (eNu)
The project is sponsored by the European Regional Development Fund. For more information on IWB/EFRE, please visit www.efre.gv.at.
Street Group, Street Use Department (ST 2), Environment and Energy Industry Department (RU 3) of the Lower Austria Regional Government, Dietmar Lenz (Director of Ecological Procurement Service Vorarlberg), Renault Österreich GmbH, Lower Austrian Economic Chamber