Energy Future Tour 2018
The „Energy Future Tour“ is a unique opportunity to visit Austrian flagship projects and organizations in the sector of renewable energies and energy efficiency. The event takes place from August 27th until August 31st, 2018.
During the 5-day-trip the international participants visit innovative companies and renewable power plants in Lower Austria. The aim of the tour is to estimate the potential of smart technologies for the energy transition of different regions and to develop concepts and policy recommendations for villages in rural areas.
Who can participate?
- Students and young professionals that fulfil the following criteria:
- Age from 16 to 28 years
- Interest in energy issues
- English language skills (English is the working language)
- Preferably education/profession in fields related to e.g. energy technologies, energy economics, engineering etc.
- The number of participants is limited to 25 persons as well as to a maximum of two persons per region.
- A balance between female and male participants will be taken into account.
How to become an accredited participant?
You are interested in participating in the Energy Future Tour? You fulfill the above mentioned participation criteria? – Excellent!
Only a few steps are necessary in order to get an accreditation for the Energy Future Tour:
- Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with CV and letter of motivation.
- Received applications will be ranked by submission, so be quick to ensure a participation.
The following benefits are included
- Transportation during the tour
- Accommodation (breakfast included)
- Lunch and dinner are provided free of charge during the whole Energy Future Tour, including at least one beverage (if possible).
- Some stations at the tour might include an (evening) reception/buffet as well as some additional snacks.
- Permanent tour guide
- Entrance fees
Individual Travelling Costs
The individual travelling costs to Austria (starting point of the tour is Sankt Pölten) in August 2018 have to be paid by each participant. If any help is needed regarding organization of travelling, the project coordinator (see contact details on the project description) is ready to support the participants as far as possible.
Application deadline: 9th of August
- Energy-Future-Tour 2018
- Video of the Energy-Future-Tour in 2016
- Energy Future Tour across the Austrian Danube Regions
- Energy Future Tour der Europaregion Donau-Moldau (EDM)
- Rückblick ENERGY FUTURE TOURen Sommer 2016
- Smart Villages
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Alpine Space programme